Thursday 27 May 2010

In fair Verona.........

We are very glad to say that we are off on holiday tomorrow to Italy. This will be our fourth trip there and we are very much looking forward to some good weather, food and a moment or two of relaxation (we do have a toddler). It's hard to say how much reading we will manage to do but we thought we'd list our holiday reads anyway;

Jess's books



Sacred Hearts by Sarah Dunant – I have already started this and am almost half way through and so far I am really enjoying it. As the book is set in Italy its a good place to finish it.


One Day by David Nichols – A more slightly comic read with a love story thrown in, ideal holiday material.


The Interpretation of Murder by Jed Rebunfeld – I doubt I will get to even start to read this but its one of those big books thats been on my shelf for a while.

Chris books




We'll Always Have Paris by Ray Bradbury – A collection of short fiction stories, some science fiction, some not. I loved The Illustrated Man so hopefully this one will go down a treat as well!


The Bible – I never travel without one


Heroes of the Space Marines by various writers – A collection of short science fiction stories from the Warhammer 40,000 universe featuring the battles of the various space marine chapters. A book of mindless fluff, just the sort of thing I like to read on holiday!

We will blog on our return, have a good week.

9 comments:

  1. The Interpretation of Murder has been on my to-read shelf for a while too.

    Hope you have a lovely holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh yay! Italy! Have fun and enjoy the books you have to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Italy! How wonderful. Have a lovely holiday!

    I really enjoyed Sacred Hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your holiday. See you when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Italy! Have a wonderful time! I never go anywhere without at least a New Testament or a daily devotional book either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh...Verona? How lovely! I just saw the movie "Letters to Juliet" and it made me want to go to Verona and see the Juliet Wall! And, just maybe, learn how to cook some yummy Italian dishes.

    We also went to an Italian restaurant last night and filled out several entries to win a trip to Verona... :) If I have questions, now I know who to talk to. Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have a wonderful time! And One Day is a really wonderful read.

    ReplyDelete