Sunday 11 April 2010

I'm still here

After a good nights sleep I woke very refreshed this morning at about 7am. The end is in sight, well dont to everyone who did stay up - your made of stronger stuff than me!

For the last challenge I will answer these questions,

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?Last night at about 11pm, I started to get really tired then.
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Well I read one big book but for smaller books I can recommend, the curious incident of the dog in the night-time, speak and A short history of tractors in Ukrainian.
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? The challenges looked fun, the cheerleaders did a great job and the people doing the updates are stars.
5. How many books did you read? Part of one – but it was a really big one.
6. What were the names of the books you read? The Stand by Stephen King
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I think next time I'd like to be more involved, I'd like to be a cheerleader but would have to see if I could do that with my son. But whatever happens I'm sure I'll participate again.

Ok final percentage of how much of The Stand I have read



Thats over 600 pages folks.

To get me through the next 1000 and more pages I'll be joining this read-a-long here

7 comments:

  1. Wow, you read just one book, that's amazing. I had to switch back and forth between a few different books to make it interesting... congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of reading-good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 600 pages --that's a lot of reading! I have an award for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! A night's sleep definitely made the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I read Stephen King and then went to bed really tired, I would have nightmares for sure! It sounds like you did very well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck on your continued reading. Chunksters take longer, but give you a feeling of accomplishment -- especially when they are good.

    ReplyDelete