Wednesday 7 April 2010

My unread bookshelf



Excuse the bad photo but here are all the books that I own which I have yet to read. Compared with alot of book piles I see on blogs I don't think thats too bad at all although there are alot more listed on my Amazon wish list.

I'm not going to list them are but here are some statistics;

There are 28 books
9 of these are from my local 2nd hand bookstores
8 were purchased from Amazon
4 were on special offer in WHSmith (buy one get one free and two for £5)
2 were purchased in Waterstones
2 were half price in my local supermarket
2 are library books
1 I have borrowed

Thats quite a mix of places I get my books from and I am a sucker for a bargain it seems. Where does everyone get their books from and is 28 unread books good or bad?

6 comments:

  1. I went down and counted. 30. I love to own books, it's the collector in me. I use some control, but hate to pass up a Borders coupon in my email. I only buy a book, if I have done some homework on it though. Isn't it nice to have choices so you don't have to sit wondering what to read next? (queen bee)

    My Shelfari TBR shelf is a place to put the books I see reviewed on blogs and don't want to forget about until I can check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. +JMJ+

    I went to count, too. I have thirty-three!

    Many were lent to me by friends, but the majority are my own purchases. I'm a hopeless bibliomaniac, and I keep telling myself that one day I will read them all, have no more pile, and go back to my one-book-at-a-time lifestyle, when I didn't even think about the next book I wanted to read until after I felt done with my current one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim & Enbrethiliel - seems around the 30 mark is average for us book bloggers then. I really dont think thats bad, its not like were NEVER read them is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jessica,

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I added myself to the read-a-thon list without really knowing if I wanted to do it or not. But I have decided I will give it a go! I have just moved my blog from wordpress to blogger: http://and-the-plot-thickens.blogspot.com/ So feel free to stop by during the read-a-thon for a chat :) I am sure we will both need the distraction! lol

    Your TBR pile isn't too bad, as long as you don't add to it before you finish it! That's my biggest problem.. I buy books faster than I can read them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I buy used books compulsively, so I don't even know if I could take a single picture of my TBR pile. Also, my TBR pile is stretched over two continents, so that makes it more complicated as well. There are some gems on your shelf - The World According to Garp and Norwegian Woods are wonderful reads!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's actually pretty good!!! I think I have at least 2-3 times that right now, and that does not count my virtual shelf!! I have a very bad addiction!! BTW, do I see The Book of Lost Things on that shelf? Love that book!!

    ReplyDelete